Currently Recruiting for
Please email email@example.com a letter of application and full CV.
Part-time Kokugo Teacher (非常勤国語教師)
Part-time German Teacher for Saturday School Program
Employment Period Contract: September 2020 – June 2021 (10 months)
The Saturday school of Deutsche Schule Kobe International located on Rokko Island in Kobe is a Saturday morning school open to children with a German speaking background. Our German language program is designed to meet the demand from parents for a German program structured to the specific needs of children who desire to enhance or master their individual language skills.>
As a Saturday School Teacher, you will:
- Teach German language classes.
- Prepare and develop your own daily lesson plans based on the curriculum given to you.
- Supervise children during working hours.
- Provide feedback and evaluation of student’s progress.
- Follow the Saturday School teachers guidelines
- 30 Saturdays throughout the school year (Exact calendar dates and schedule will only be put up around May/June 2020 on the DSKI website
- Saturday School page)
- Teaching Hours: 9:00-12:00
- Working Hours: 8:15 – 12:15
- Transportation covered at cost i.e. your residence/our school/your residence
- Bonus of ¥50,000 at the end of the contract period (conditions apply)
You will possess the following requirements:
- Experience working with children (5-15 years of age)
- Experience with primary classroom management an asset
- Background in ESL and/or related field.
- Experience with multi-level students and classes a must.
- Relevant teaching experience
- Bachelor degree, Teaching degree or language instruction certificate an asset
- Native German speaker a must
- Be responsible, hardworking and punctual
- Submit resume and cover letter and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We thank all applicants for applying BUT will only contact those with suitable qualifications and experience who we will call in for an interview.
- Please note this is a part-time contracted position only so the applicant should be residing in Japan and have a proper work, residence or spouse visa.
- Applicants from abroad will not be considered as we do not provide sponsorship or assistance with getting you a visa.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are in Japan for the long term.